The Center for Popular Economics offers workshops for interested organizations. Our workshops, led by CPE staff economists, can be as short as a few hours or as long as a Friday-through-Sunday weekend. For week-long organizational meetings and retreats, we can do a daily session.
We can give workshops on a range of topics. Following are some examples:
- Inequality: Why are the 1% so rich and powerful?
- The Great Austerity War against social programs
- Why we need a living wage
- Labor unions and economic justice
- The economics of race, class, and gender
- The need for full employment
- Roots of the economic meltdown and solutions
- Speculation, finance and housing bubbles
- Democratizing the Federal Reserve and the banks
- Economic alternatives
- Brief history of the global economy
- International trade, production, and finance
- The IMF, World Bank, WTO, and free trade agreements
- Global climate change and the environment
- Creating a new world economy
If your organization is interested in a CPE workshop, contact us at programs [at] populareconomics [dot] org.