Click here to visit the page for our upcoming 2017 Summer Institute!
Past Summer Institutes
In addition to our week-long Summer Institutes, the Center for Popular Economics works with interested organizations to design workshops that are customized to support your organizing and advocacy work. These workshops, led by CPE staff economists, can be as short as a few hours or as long as a Friday-through-Sunday weekend.
We can give workshops on a range of topics. Following are some examples:
- Inequality: Why are the 1% so rich and powerful?
- The Great Austerity War against social programs
- Why we need a living wage
- Labor unions and economic justice
- The economics of race, class, and gender
- The need for full employment
- Roots of the economic meltdown and solutions
- Speculation, finance and housing bubbles
- Democratizing the Federal Reserve and the banks
- Economic alternatives
- Brief history of the global economy
- International trade, production, and finance
- The IMF, World Bank, WTO, and free trade agreements
- Global climate change and the environment
- Creating a new world economy
If your organization is interested in a CPE workshop, contact us at info [at] populareconomics [dot] org.
Other special projects & mini-institutes